Saturday 11 January 2014

3 dressed up as a 9


If I may, I’m going to have to broach an age old subject. Yes, the longstanding tradition of men rating womens’ hotness in terms of a number ranging from 1 to 10. God, it really chaps my ass. And I know it’s a futile thing to get upset about, but it just seems that this number system has no room for the personality factor.


A couple of months ago, I went to visit a good girlfriend out of town. She was telling me about how her roommate, let’s call him Adam, was lonely and how she was planning to set him up with this awesome girl that she worked with. She said that she was talking to Adam’s cousin and his cousin, who knew this girl, said, “Yeah, but she’s not a 10, and Adam wants a 10”. Cue my eyes rolling.


It's just annoying is all. I feel like some men just need to have a “10” on their arm so that other guys are like, oh he’s got a 10! I know I have a male friend who needs to be with a woman that all his friends think is hot.Shouldn't all that matter is that he finds her attractive? My boyfriend reassures me though, that this is very common and normal. But it doesn't mean that I have to be any less annoyed by it.

One night one of my guy friends exclaimed to me "You look like a 9 tonight!" It was one of those compliments masquerading as an insult. Or is it an insult masquerading as compliment? Either way, it was something. Maybe I was just a 3 dressed up as a 9 that night:




No comments:

Post a Comment